Tony Cotman wird Vizepräsident von Champ Car

Tony Cotman wird Vizepräsident von Champ Car

Mit sofortiger Wirkung wurde Tony Cotman von CEO Steve Johnson zum Vizepräsidenten von Champ Car ernannt, so laut Mitteilung vom 12. Juli 2007.
      Mit seiner Berufung zum Vize kommt eine Menge Mehrarbeit auf ihn zu, denn seine bisherige Tätigkeit als Renndirektor wird er vorerst beibehalten bis er jemanden gefunden hat, dem er diese Tätigkeit überlassen kann.

Zukünftig wird er auch für vieles alltägliches zuständig sein wie Personalentscheidungen, finanzielle Dinge, rechtliche Dinge und auch Marketing.
      Damit übernimmt Tony Cotman eine Schlüsselrolle bei der Champ Car World Series.

CHAMP CAR WORLD SERIES NAMES TONY COTMAN
      EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, OPERATIONS

INDIANAPOLIS (July 12, 2007) Champ Car World Series President and CEO Steve Johnson announced today that Tony Cotman has been named Executive Vice President, Operations, effective immediately.

Cotman, who has a long and distinguished career in motorsports, will be responsible for much of the day-to-day operations of the Series including legal, personnel, finance and marketing. He also will continue in his critical role as Race Director until he has identified a replacement and the best time to relinquish his duties.
      This is the second senior-level move made by the Champ Car World Series in recent months. In May, David Higdon was named Executive Vice President, Strategic Development & Communications. Cotman and Higdon will continue to report to Johnson and work closely with the rest of the senior management team to enhance the Series both domestically and globally.

“We’re enjoying one of the most successful seasons in recent memory,” Johnson said. “As we grow and prosper, it’s important that we not only hire new executives but also promote quality people like Tony to key management positions so we can pursue the goals that we have established for the Series. Tony is extremely knowledgeable about the operations of the Champ Car World Series and I believe increasing his areas of responsibility will be beneficial to our company as we focus on the opportunities ahead of us.”

Cotman, who worked his way up from a mechanic in New Zealand to a championship winning crew chief and team manager, moved to the Champ Car organization in 2005 as Vice President, Operations and to serve as Race Director.

“I’m thankful to Steve and the Series owners for presenting me with this opportunity,” Cotman said. “I’m committed to Champ Car and know that we have opportunities ahead of us that will require additional attention from me. It’s a great time to make this change given the solid team that we have in place.”

With Cotman at the helm of race operations, the open-wheel racing organization successfully launched a new car in both the Champ Car World Series and the Cooper Tires Presents the Champ Car Atlantic Championship Powered by Mazda. While overseeing the introduction of the new cars, Cotman continued in his role as head of operations where he worked with promoters and suppliers as well as wrote and enforced the competition and technical rules. His duties also included the role of Race Director where he was responsible for overseeing and controlling all aspects of the race. Cotman also is responsible for circuit safety inspection at all new and existing venues.
      --- snip --->

Quelle: Champ Car PR