David Martinez bei Forsythe für die beiden letzten Rennen

David Martinez bei Forsythe für die beiden letzten Rennen

Das allerdings stösst bei mir auf Unverständnis: Oriol Servia muss das Cockpit #7 an David Martinez abgeben. Das Team Forsythe setzt den jungen Mexikaner für die beiden letzten Läufe in Surfers und in Mexiko ein. Sein Debut Rennen bei den Champ Cars hat David Martinez letztes Jahr in Mexiko auch beim Team Forsythe gehabt, er wurde guter 9., also gar nicht mal schlecht.

Aber Unverständnis bei mir deswegen: um das Mexiko Event mit wenigstens einem mexikanischen Fahrer im Feld zu haben, hätte man auch ein 3. Auto einsetzen können. Ich raffe es einfach nicht, dass Oriol, der sicher wie eine Bank ist, 6. in der Gesamtwertung der Meisterschaft ist, sogar noch theoretisch Doornbos auf P3 gefährden könnte, sein Cockpit räumen muss. :unver:

Ich frage mich, was soll das?? Man habe ich eine Wut, Jerry sponsert mit soviel Geld, da kann es doch wahrlich nicht mehr an einem Auto liegen ... einfach unfassbar. Wie frustriert muss Oriol Servia erst einmal sein.

hier auszugsweise das Release:

FORSYTHE CHAMPIONSHIP RACING TABS DAVID MARTINEZ FOR FINAL TWO RACES

INDIANAPOLIS – September 12, 2007- Forsythe Championship Racing has named Mexican driver David Martinez to drive the #7 INDECK Cosworth/DP01/Bridgestone for the final two Champ Car World Series races this season.

The rookie driver has one previous start in the Champ Car World Series, running for Forsythe Championship Racing at Mexico City last year starting and finishing ninth. Martinez brings a wealth of experience from the Champ Car Atlantic Series, finishing fifth in the series standings in both 2005 and 2006. In all, the young Mexican scored five podiums and one pole position in the development series competing against a quality field that included current Champ Car drivers Graham Rahal and Simon Pagenaud. Martinez will make his second Champ Car start at the Lexmark Indy 300 on October 21. He will then drive in front of his countrymen in Mexico City on November 11.

Martinez will replace veteran driver Oriol Servia for the final two events. Servia joined Forsythe Racing at Long Beach, and scored two podiums and four top-five finishes in 11 starts with the team. Despite little time in the new DP01, Servia earned a runner-up finish in his debut with the team in Long Beach. The Spaniard also earned a third place finish at San Jose, after leading a race high 42 laps. The veteran driver finished in the top-ten in all but one start this season, and despite missing the season opener, sits sixth in the Series standings.

DAVID MARTINEZ
      “I’m very happy to be working with Forsythe Championship Racing. They gave me my first drive in Champ Car last year and it went pretty well. I looking forward to driving the new DP01, it seems like a really good racecar. I’m going to get some testing in the new car at Sebring before we go to Australia, which will give me a good chance to work with the team and get back up to speed. I’ll have to learn the track in Australia, so it will be a challenge but when we get to Mexico City I’m looking forward to having a great weekend. I can’t wait to get back in the car!”
      --- snip --->