Mario Dominguez beim Team PCM für die letzten Rennen

Mario Dominguez beim Team PCM für die letzten Rennen

Mario Dominguez wird für die beiden letzten Rennen beim Team Pacific Coast Motorsport den Schotten Ryan Dalziel ersetzen und damit in`s Cockpit #28 steigen. Mario hatte Ryan bereits bei einem Rennen vertreten, als dieser sich das Schlüsselbein gebrochen hatte bei einem Privatunfall mit dem Fahrrad.
      Mario Dominguez gehört zu den erfahrenen Fahrern, er ist bereits in seiner 6. Saison. Dieses Jahr fand er leider kein festes Cockpit, fuhr deshalb für verletzungsbedingte ausgefallene Fahrer Vertretung und fuhr nebenbei den 2-Sitzer beim Minardi Team USA bei den Champ Car Veranstaltungen. Von daher war Mario Dominguez immer in Kontakt mit den Teams.

Seine Teilnahme wird beim letzten Rennen in Mexiko sehr willkommen und wichtig sein, die Mexikaner lieben ihre Heros :D plus: Mario erhält die Chance eventuell noch einmal in Surfers auf`s Podium zu fahren oder gar zu gewinnen. Sein erster Sieg bei den Champ Cars war ja in Surfers Paradise.

hier die MItteilung:

Pacific Coast Motorsports Signs Mexican Superstar Mario Dominguez

Oxnard, CA (September 20, 2007) – Pacific Coast Motorsports announced today that Mexican racing star, Mario Dominguez will replace Ryan Dalziel in the #28 PCM Champ Car at the two remaining races of the 2007 Champ Car World Series season.

An aggressively growing team both from the business development and operational standpoint, PCM has earned seven top-ten finishes and developed multiple commercial partnerships throughout their debut season. “We’ve been working very hard on commercial programs in Mexico for some time. The opportunity to add a proven race-winner and Mexican star of Mario’s stature enhances these programs significantly. In addition, Mario’s wealth of experience on both of the upcoming circuits will strengthen our program as we prepare for the 2008 Champ Car season,” commented team director, Tyler Tadevic. “This was a difficult decision, we’ve enjoyed a four-year relationship with Ryan and he’s done a great job for PCM. We’re proud to have worked with him and we hope to work with him again in the future. I am sure Ryan’s talents will be recognized and utilized by other motorsport organizations.”

In his sixth year of competition, Mario Dominguez has experience with the series’ top-teams and has achieved two victories, one pole position, 10 podiums and two top-six championship finishes in 84 race starts. Having competed for PCM at San Jose earlier this season, he looks forward to this opportunity, which begins with a two-day test next week at Sebring International Raceway, “I am so excited to be back with Pacific Coast Motorsports, they are a very professional organization and I am confident the will give me the tools I need to succeed. I want to thank Tom Figge for giving me this opportunity and I am honored to represent their partners and the PCM team,” said Dominguez. “In just over one month we will return to Mexico City for the Grand Prix. It is going to be a fantastic race and I always appreciate the incredible support from my fans. I had a legitimate shot at the podium with this team in San Jose and I expect the same in Australia and Mexico City!”

Dominguez will vie to become the first two-time winner of the Lexmark Grand Prix in Australia next month. He earned his first Champ Car victory on the streets of Surfer’s Paradise in 2002. In November, he will return to his native Mexico City for the final round of the Champ Car World Series, another successful venue for the Mexican superstar, he finished third at the historic Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez in 2003.

A press conference will take place with Mario Dominguez and Tyler Tadevic, team director of Pacific Coast Motorsports tomorrow in Mexico City. Details to follow.
      --- snip --->

Quelle: PR Team PCM

Gestern stellte sich Mario Dominguez der mexikanischen Presse und erläuterte den Deal mit Pacific Coast, kein Wort über Sponsoren - auch kein Wort über Sponsoren für seinen Landsmann David Martinez. Man vermutet aber, dass Dominguez eventuell wieder von Telmex gesponsert werden könnte und eventuell springen noch ein paar kurz entschlossene Sponsoren dazu.
      Ich kann nur mit dem Kopf schütteln, was ich dann bei AR1 weiter lesen musste: keine Rede von Kartenvorverkauf oder dass überhaupt Karten zu bekommen seien bis jetzt, geschweige auch die Promo für das Rennen in Mexiko. Erst jetzt mit der Pressekonferenz fängt man an durch OCESA, das Rennen zu promoten und zu vermarkten ... :unver:
      Das deckt sich genau mit dem, was Smurf an anderer Stelle gepostet hat. Die kriegen ihre 5 Tribünen nicht mal voll wenn die so weiter machen

Es ist einfach nicht zu fassen was da bei Champ Car abgeht, ja pennen die?
      Als Aussenstehender kann ich natürlich nicht beurteilen, was da genau abläuft und warum, aber es ist einfach nur stümperhaft was nach aussen dringt! Ist ja nicht so, dass man das Rennen auf dem letzten Buchsenknopp geplant hätte. Es steht seit Anfang des Jahres auf der Schedule.

Die Liste von Missmanagement, Fehlplanungen, Fehlschlägen, Pech, Pleiten und Pannen wird länger und länger