James Winslow testet für Conquest in Sebring

James Winslow testet für Conquest in Sebring

Nächste woche wird James Winslow für Conquest in sebring testen

Winslow gets test chance.
      Friday, 21st September 2007

Briton to join Conquest for two-day Sebring outing.

James Winslow will add another string to his racing bow next weekend, having been called up to test with Champ Car World Series team Conquest Racing at Sebring.

The Briton has been a race winner in both the Australian F3 and Formula V6 Asia championships this season, and currently leads the V6 series after a double victory at Chengdu last weekend. His success has now attracted the attention of Champ Car stalwart Eric Bachelart, who offered the chance to try one of the state-of-the-art Panoz DP01 chassis during a group test at Sebring next week.

“This is a very exciting opportunity for me,” Winslow said, “Champ Car is obviously a step up from what I have been doing over the last couple of seasons but, despite my success in both F3 and V6, I didn't expect to get a chance to try the DP01 quite so soon.

“Naturally, I am extremely grateful to Mr Bachelart for giving me the chance to run at Sebring, and I hope to do a good job for him. After a few years in F3, I am looking to progress to something different next season, so it will be interesting to see what doors this test may open.

“Conquest may not be the most well-known team in Champ Car, but Mr Bachelart runs a tight ship and Jan Heylen showed with his second place at Assen just what the team can achieve. I am looking forward to joining them at Sebring.”

The Florida airfield circuit will be new to Winslow at the start of the test, but the Briton is confident that he will quickly get to grips with the track.

“I know Sebring is famous for its bumps and for being a quick lap,” he said, “but I'm a fast learner and I hope to prove that next week.”

Winslow will run with the team on Monday and Tuesday [24-25 September] before returning to action in the Formula V6 Asia series at Autopolis in Japan over 13-14 October.

Da ich in nicht kannte und wahrscheinlich auch viele andere nicht <Hier mal sein werdegang

Asian Formula 3 - 8 wins, 15 podiums Champion
      2006 Gregor Grant Award (Autosport) -
      2006 Innes Ireland Award (BRDC) -
      2006 Macau F3 GP 12th
      2006 Australian F3 (Melbourn F1 Support Race) Winner
      2005 Asian Formula 3 3rd
      2004 British Formula 3 (Silverstone GP race) 2nd
      2004 ARP Formula 3 - 10 wins Champion
      2003 ARP Formula 3 (2 rounds) 1st
      2002 Formula Ford 2000 (3 rounds) 1st
      2001 Lotus GT TOCA Championship - British 3rd
      2000 Avon British Formula Ford 2nd
      1991 - 1999 British MSA Karting - 5 x National Champion 1st
      "Um IndyCar-Racing wieder dahin zu bringen, wo es einmal war, bedarf es sicher noch einiger Saisons. Dank der Vereinigung ist es wieder möglich, dieses Ziel zu erreichen. Das war es vorher nicht."

Alex Zanardi