Ryan Dalziel "geshockt" über rauswurf...

Ryan Dalziel "geshockt" über rauswurf...

In einem kurzem Interview für TSN.CA hat Ryan Dalziel sich zu seinem Rauswurf bei PCM zu Wort gemeldet und erzählt was er jetzt so machen will

Hier der komplette text

Dalziel shocked by PCM decision

Ryan Dalziel says he was shocked to find out he was being replaced for the final two races of the Champ Car season.

The Scotsman was informed on Thursday that his services would no longer be needed this year. Mexican Mario Dominguez will take over his seat at Pacific Coast Motorsports starting at the next race in Australia.

"I've had a good three-year relationship with Pacific Coast Motorsports and I've been grateful for the opportunity to race for them," he said. "Naturally I'm disappointed with the team's decision, not least given some of my performances this season including leading laps in Toronto and coming close to scoring their maiden podium."

"That said it's time to move on and I'm pleased to say that I've already received several offers for next season and I'll be looking to firm up my plans as soon as possible."

Dalziel says he is considering returning to sports car racing, where he scored a pair of second place finishes this season for the SAMAX Grand Am team at the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona and last weekend's Sunchaser 1000.

"I've had a great time driving Daytona Prototypes in the Grand American Rolex Sports Car Series in the past two years and I'd definitely be interested in a return there given the strength of the competition."

There has also been interest from the Indy Racing League and at least one other Champ Car team has indicated it might put Dalziel behind the wheel in time for the season ending race in Mexico where he would be racing opposite the PCM team.

"Um IndyCar-Racing wieder dahin zu bringen, wo es einmal war, bedarf es sicher noch einiger Saisons. Dank der Vereinigung ist es wieder möglich, dieses Ziel zu erreichen. Das war es vorher nicht."

Alex Zanardi