Oriol Servia - jetzt darf er doch fahren aber bei PKV

Oriol Servia - jetzt darf er doch fahren aber bei PKV

Hätte mich auch gewundert, wenn ein paar Tage vor dem vorletzten Lauf der Meisterschaft nicht noch eine Änderung im Fahrer Lineup gekommen wäre. :D
      Aber dieses Mal freue ich mich, denn Oriol Servia bekommt bei PKV die Möglichkeit, seinen z.Zt. 6. Platz der Gesamtwertung zumindest in Sufer`s Paradise zu behalten oder gar aufzusteigen. Dafür wird Tristan Gommendy nicht starten, da er angeblich noch für sich selbst unerledigte geschäftliche Dinge abwickeln muss, stand da zu lesen. Also private Dinge, die Gommendy von Surfer`s fern halten, dieses Mal hat es nichts mit Geld zu tun in dem für uns gemeinten Sinn.

direkt vom Team PKV:

ORIOL SERVIA TO COMPETE FOR PKV RACING
      AT LEXMARK INDY 300

INDIANAPOLIS, IN - - OCTOBER 16, 2007 - - PKV Racing General Manager Mark Johnson announced today that Oriol Servia will pilot the #22 Pay By Touch PKV Racing Cosworth/DP01/Bridgestone entry at the Lexmark Indy 300, October 19-21, on the temporary street circuit in Surfers Paradise, Queensland, Australia.

Servia, who competed for PKV Racing in 2006, will replace Tristan Gommendy, who will be sidelined due to unresolved business issues. Servia contested 11 of the first 12 races this year for Forsythe Championship Racing and currently sits sixth in the championship standings with 204 points. He is just five points out of fifth place, 34 out of third and 39 out of second. Servia was not scheduled to compete in Australia.

“Unfortunately, Tristan had an unresolved business situation that will prevent him from competing this weekend in Australia,” Johnson said. “He is continuing to try and resolve the situation and we have high hopes that he will return to the team for the Mexico City race,” noted Johnson. “Fortunately for us, Oriol was available this weekend and given his proven talent, familiarity with the team, in particular the fact that he will be working with the same engineer he had last year, and strong record recently at Surfers Paradise, we feel bringing him on board will give PKV Racing the best opportunity to have a successful weekend. We are also pleased because this provides Oriol, one of the top drivers in the Champ Car series, an opportunity to continue to battle for a top-three spot in the championship standings.”
      < --- snip --->

Oriol Servia:
      “I am very excited to have the opportunity to continue my fight for a place among the leaders in the championship standings,” Servia said. “I want to thank Mr. Kalkhoven, Jimmy Vasser and Mark Johnson for giving me this opportunity. The good thing is that I know a lot of the PKV Racing crew members and I will be working with my engineer from last year, Yves Touron, so we are already very familiar with each other. I have been fighting for wins on the street circuits all year and I am sure it won’t be any different in Surfers. Hopefully, I can get the win there for the team and myself.”

Was wieder im Dunkeln ist: wo fährt Oriol das letzte Rennen in Mexiko?
      Ich möchte doch wirklich stark hoffen, dass sich irgendeiner mal lang macht und ihm ein Auto gibt, das kann doch nicht sein ... Oriol war den Champ Cars stets ergeben und immer da, wenn man ihn brauchte. Ich möchte einmal erleben, dass so etwas belohnt wird.