Walker Racing RAUS aus den Indycars, kein Sponsor

Walker Racing RAUS aus den Indycars, kein Sponsor

Das ist mir glatt einen neuen Thread wert. Gestern Abend kam es offiziell von Walker Racing, dass deren Teilnahme bei den Indycars 2008 flach fällt, sie schrieben wörtlich, sie seien gezwungen ihr Indycar Programm für 2008 zurückzuziehen. Die Partnerschaft vom "Team Australia" und die Verbindung mit dem australischen Geschäftsmann Craig Gore inklusive der Fahrer Will Power und Simon Pagenaud ist damit beendet.

Eine Suche nach einem neuen Sponsor war erfolglos, so muss eines der ältesten Teams aus Champ Car die Tore schliessen in Sachen Indycar. Seit Freitag, 08.03.2008 ist das Programm offiziell geschlossen.

hier das Original:

WALKER RACING WITHDRAWS INDYCAR PROGRAM

Indianapolis, IN (March 9, 2008) - Reluctantly, Walker Racing has been forced to withdraw its attempt to join the IndyCar Series for 2008. The racing partnership of "Team Australia" and the association with Australian businessman Craig Gore, drivers Will Power and Simon Pagenaud, has also come to an end.

Notwithstanding a commitment for 2008, it came down to the lack of funding. A lengthy search for new sponsorship partners drew a blank, so Walker Racing had to close the program officially on Friday.

"It's a great pity that the team has had to abandon our IndyCar program. So much work by so many has gone into the Team Australia program over the last three and a half years, but now it will remain unfinished business for us. I wish my co-partner well with his new venture and so to Will and Simon and all the employees, associates and fans who have given me the opportunity. Many thanks," said Walker Racing Owner, Derrick Walker.