Paule auch bei beiden Canada Rennen...

Paule auch bei beiden Canada Rennen...

Wird hier bestimmt den ein oder anderen freuen...

KV RACING TECHNOLOGY TO FIELD CAR FOR PAUL TRACY AT CANADIAN RACES

INDIANAPOLIS, IN - - MAY 20, 2009 - - KV Racing Technology will field a car for open-wheel superstar Paul Tracy at the two Canadian races on the 2009 IndyCar Series schedule.

Tracy, the 2003 Champ Car World Series champion, is one of the most successful and exciting drivers in the history of open-wheel racing. The a native of Scarborough, Ontario, Canada, will compete at the Honda Indy Toronto on July 12 and the Rexall Edmonton Indy on July 26.

“I am pleased to announce that Paul Tracy will be joining KV Racing Technology for the two Canadian races,” said KVRT co-owner Kevin Kalkhoven. “Paul is one of the greatest and most exciting drivers in the history of the sport and has shown here at Indianapolis that he still has what it takes to be competitive. We look forward to having him drive for KVRT in front of his countrymen.”

Tracy will contest this weekend’s Indianapolis 500 with KV Racing Technology. He qualified the #15 GEICO – KV Racing Technology Honda/Dallara/Firestone machine 13th and will start on the inside of Row #5. Tracy will team with Mario Moraes, #5 KV Racing Technology – Votorantim Honda/Dallara/Firestone, in a two-car effort for KVRT at the two Canadian events.

“I want to thank Kevin Kalkhoven and Jimmy Vasser for the opportunity to continue my career and race in my home country,” Tracy said. “I feel very fortunate to be able to race in front of my hometown fans with a very competitive team. KVRT has shown that it can compete with the top teams in the series and I am confident that we will have strong performances at both the Canadian races.”

Tracy, who’s talent and determination have made him a fan favorite, will be contesting his 17th race in Toronto and fifth in Edmonton. In 16 previous starts on the streets of Toronto he has finished in the top-10 a total of 11 times with eight top-five showings, five podium performances, two wins (1993 and 2003) and one pole. He has made four starts on the airport runway street circuit in Edmonton, three times in Champ Car and once, last year, in an IndyCar, finishing in the top-five all four times with a best showing of third in 2005 at the inaugural Edmonton race. Tracy will be making his fourth and fifth IndyCar starts. His previous IndyCar events were the 2002 Indy 500, placed second, the 2008 Edmonton race, placed fourth, and this year’s Indy 500.

During a span of 18 seasons, Tracy has crafted a career that has established him as one of the top drivers ever to step into the cockpit of an open-wheel car. The resident of Las Vegas, Nevada is among the top-10 in almost every Champ Car career statistical category including wins, 31 (tied for seventh all-time), poles, 25 (ninth all-time), and laps led, 4,238 (sixth all-time). He has 75 career podium performances, 102 top-five finishes and 141 top-10 showings in 264 starts (262 in Champ Car and two in IndyCar – tied for seventh all-time). In the 15 seasons in which Tracy has competed in over 80% of the races, he has finished in the top-10 in the championship standings 10 times including eight times in the top-five, four in the top-three and captured the championship in 2003.

KV Racing Technology co-owner Jimmy Vasser said, “I am very excited that KVRT is going to be able to give Paul the opportunity to continue his career especially at the Canadian races. Paul is a tremendous talent and he has shown us here at Indy that he still have the competitive fire to be successful on the race track. I just think it is fantastic that his fans, especially those in Canada, will get the opportunity to see “The Thrill from Westhill” again.”

About KV Racing Technology:
      KV Racing Technology was established in 2003. The Indianapolis-based team is contesting its seventh open-wheel season and second in the IndyCar Series in 2009. KVRT is owned by successful venture capitalist Kevin Kalkhoven and 1996 Series Champion, Jimmy Vasser. Veteran motorsports manager Mark Johnson is the team's General Manager. KVRT has earned two victories the first by Cristiano da Matta in Portland in 2005 and the second by Will Power at Long Beach in 2008. They have captured two poles, Tristan Gommendy at Mont Tremblant in 2007 and Vasser at Milwaukee in 2005 (Will Power captured the pole at the 2008 Surfers Paradise, Australia exhibition race).

KV Racing has contested five races, making nine starts in Toronto. They have finished in the top-10 a total of three times, with three top-five showing, two podiums and a best finish of second by Vasser in 2004 and Neel Jani in 2007. The team has participated in all four races in Edomonton making eight starts. They have finished in the top-10 a total of three times with two top-five showing and a best finish of fourth by Oriol Servia in 2006.

"Um IndyCar-Racing wieder dahin zu bringen, wo es einmal war, bedarf es sicher noch einiger Saisons. Dank der Vereinigung ist es wieder möglich, dieses Ziel zu erreichen. Das war es vorher nicht."

Alex Zanardi

wow ... das tut er für Jeeeemy :laugh:
      die beiden alten Haudegen, ich freue mich irre - es gab eine Zeit wo ich Paul ja schon fast abgeschrieben hatte, aber letztes Jahr hat er mich eines besseren belehrt, jetzt kommen ja erst einmal die Indy500 ... ich sehe Paule vor mir: "coming back with a vengeance ... :maul: " ... ich sehe ihn, wie er durch`s Feld pflügt und sich Castroneves zur Brust nimmt :grinflip: ... dito bei den Kanada Rennen