Paul Tracy ersetzt Vitor Meira in Milwaukee

Paul Tracy ersetzt Vitor Meira in Milwaukee

Anscheinend hat PT wieder Blut geleckt :D
      Als AJ Foyt ihn fragte, ob er in Milwaukee den verletzten Vitor Meira vertreten würde, hat PT gleich zugestimmt. Er wird also den #14 ABC Supply Indycar fahren. Und auf einem Male erzählt Paule, dass AJ Foyt früher sein Vorbild war ... einen ähnlich aggressiven Fahrstil hätten sie ja, den hätte sich PT bei Foyt abgeschaut

ja, der große AJ Foyt und Milwaukee, da hat er vor langer Zeit mal die dickste Schlappe seines Lebens hinnehmen müssen: 1963 als ein gewisser Jim Clark in einem winzigen grünen Rennauto (im Vergleich zu den damaligen Offenhausern) wie ein Wiesel um alle Kreise zog. Sorry, aber den konnte ich mir nicht verkneifen :D

IRL Mitteilung:

Tracy to replace Meira at Milwaukee

1. Tracy to replace Meira at Milwaukee:A.J. Foyt has hired veteran driver Paul Tracy to replace injured Vitor Meira in the No. 14 ABC Supply Co. car in the May 31 ABC Supply/A.J. Foyt 225 at The Milwaukee Mile.

"I'm excited to get an opportunity to drive albeit as a fill-in for Vitor as I know it's a short-term thing," said Tracy, who has won 31 Indy car races. "When I started my career (1991), I competed against A.J. He was one of my idols growing up. I haven't told too many people this, but he was one of the guys I modeled myself after. I'm a little rough around the edges like him, and I say what I feel, and that's one of the things I've always admired about him.

Tracy has made 14 starts at The Milwaukee Mile, recording victories in 1995, 1999, 2002 and 2005. Foyt also won four times as a driver at The Mile - in 1962, 1964, 1975 and 1979.

"Paul Tracy is a hard charger and our type of driver, much like Vitor, " Foyt said. "I believe we can put the right equipment under Paul, and we've both had success there, so I think we can put our heads together and have a good race. It's a very important race for us because it's sponsored by our team sponsor ABC Supply, which is based in Wisconsin. Milwaukee is their home track, and it is the AJ Foyt 225.

Meira suffered a lower back inj= ury in the closing laps of the Indianapolis 500 and has been treated at Methodist Hospital since May 24. Dr. Michael Olinger, medical director for the Indy Racing League, evaluated Meira again on May 26 and expects Meira to be released from the hospital on May 27. Meira will meet with Dr. Terry Trammell on May 29 and expects to receive clearance to return to his home in Florida.

Vitor Meira befindet sich noch im Methodist Krankenhaus, er soll heute noch einmal untersucht werden, man nimmt an, dass er dann das Krankenhaus morgen verlassen darf. Ob er zur Genesung dann endgültig nach Hause darf, soll Dr. Terry Trammell am 29. Mai entscheiden.