Graham Rahal: ein weiteres Rennen mit Long Beach für ihn

Graham Rahal: ein weiteres Rennen mit Long Beach für ihn

Bereits vor 3 Tagen kam die Nachricht, dass Graham Rahal ein weiteres Rennen bei Sarah Fisher Racing fahren wird: Long Beach! Das wird ihm schmecken :)
      Bei seinem ersten Einsatz für Sarah Fisher Racing in St. Petersburg belegte er gleich einen Platz in den Top 10 und wurde 9., dieses mit einem Team, das eigentlich auf Ovale geeicht ist sozusagen. Das hat dem Sponsor und auch Sarah Fisher so gut gefallen, dass Rahal jetzt auch in Long Beach ein drittes Rennen bestreiten wird

hier die entsprechenden Zeilen aus der Mitteilung vom 7. April der IRL:

Sarah Fisher Racing adds Long Beach to Rahal's slate:

Sarah Fisher Racing and Dollar General have added the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach to its IZOD IndyCar Series schedule with driver Graham Rahal.

"SFR is very thankful to Dollar General and Direct Supply to give us the opportunity to compete on the streets of Long Beach for the first time," said team owner/driver Sarah Fisher, who will return to her IZOD IndyCar Series car at Kansas Speedway on May 1. "Graham had been very excited about the potential of putting this together from the start of his time with the team. I am proud of where we have been able to go in such a short period of time. Certainly the idea of growing a program past the set budget was a difficult task for everyone involved, but knowing Graham will do a great job on and off the track makes every effort worth it."

Rahal, who scored SFR's first top-10 finish at St. Petersburg, will make his fourth Indy car start on the streets of Long Beach, where he finished 12th last season.

"I'm extremely excited to be joining SFR yet again for Long Beach," Rahal said. "It is certainly one of the greatest sporting events, and I am just proud to say that I will be returning again. I am very thankful for what Sarah, Direct Supply and the Dollar General folks have done to extend their program with SFR, and we will be working extremely hard to make them proud."

Dollar General continues to support SFR in its endeavors towards a full-season effort.

"We are pleased to have Graham Rahal drive the Dollar General car for an additional race this season," said Rick Dreiling, Dollar General's chairman and CEO. "Graham brings a winning record to our partnership, and we're excited to have him on our team."

Direct Supply is also partnering with the initiative of Rahal's campaign with SFR. This is Direct Supply's third season with the team.

"Direct Supply is very excited to be a part of Sarah Fisher Racing at Long Beach," said Bob Hillis, CEO of Direct Supply. "We have been a part of Sarah's great team since she started, and the team has all become a family to us. It is an added pleasure to have the terrific Graham Rahal driving for Sarah again, after his great performance in St. Petersburg. Sarah Fisher Racing is the team to watch at Long Beach."