Will Power und Team Penske

Will Power und Team Penske

amtlich:
      Penske hält seine Versprechen, so wird Will Power an weiteren 5 Rennen teilnehmen: Toronto und Edmonton, Kentucky, Sonoma und Homestead
      Ich denke, er wird gut aussehen insbesondere auf den Rundstrecken, er ist doch ein besserer Roadracer als im Oval

Penske Racing announced Friday that driver Will Power will compete in five upcoming IndyCar Series races in the No. 12 Penske Truck Rental Dallara/Honda. Power is scheduled to drive for Penske Racing at IndyCar Series events in Toronto (July 12), Edmonton (July 26), Kentucky (Aug. 1), Sonoma (Aug. 23) and Homestead-Miami (Oct. 10). Upon joining Penske Racing before the start of the 2009 season, Power drove for the team throughout preseason testing and in three of the first four events on the IndyCar Series schedule. He produced solid results, earning a pole position, two top-five and three top-10 finishes.

WILL POWER: I am really looking forward to getting back on the track and driving for Penske Racing. I have learned so much working with everyone on the team this season, and I plan to make the most of this opportunity to drive the Penske Truck Rental car at these five upcoming races and help the team however I can.

ROGER PENSKE: Will has done a terrific job for Penske Racing and he has earned the opportunity to compete in more races. Will is a great asset to the team, and we are excited to have him compete at these additional five races in the Penske Truck Rental Indy car.

Quelle: IRL Release vom 04. Juli 2009