Adam Carroll zu Andretti Autosport

Adam Carroll zu Andretti Autosport

viele werden den Namen kennen wegen seiner Erfolge bei der A1GP Serie, ich kann mich erinnern, dass Carroll schon zu Champ Car Zeiten mal gefallen ist, jetzt hat ihn Michael Andretti für einige bestimmte Rennen zu sich in`s Team geholt. Welche Rennen das genau sein werden, steht noch nicht fest
      hier die offizielle Mitteilung:

Ausschnitt der PR vom 30.04.2010, IRL:

<--- snip

Andretti Autosport has signed 2009 A1GP World Cup of Motorsport champion Adam Carroll to drive a limited schedule of IZOD IndyCar Series events in the second half of the season.

Carroll, a native of Portadown, Northern Ireland, had victories, six poles and eight podiums in seven rounds on his way to winning the 2008-2009 A1GP World title for Team Ireland. Carroll has 41 victories, 83 podium finishes and 24 pole starts in Formula Renault Campus, Formula Ford, Formula 3, GP2 and A1GP.

Andretti Autosport has yet to determine Carroll's schedule or car assignment.

MICHAEL ANDRETTI (Andretti Autosport chairman, president and CEO): "We're very excited that Adam is on board," "He is a special talent and someone who we believe will have a bright future with us at Andretti Autosport. It was important for us to give him an opportunity this year and start building for the years to come. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do later this year."

ADAM CARROLL: "I'm very excited to be joining the driver lineup at Andretti Autosport. It is gratifying to know that the success I've enjoyed so far in my career has drawn the attention of a team owner like Michael Andretti. The IZOD IndyCar Series is clearly one of the most competitive formulas in the world right now and I'm looking forward to being introduced into the field later this year."
      ---> snip